Independence of log-returns under Heston model

N

NancyBoy

I first precise that I am new to QuantSE.

Heston is a widely used moodel but I have some doubts on it and I couldn't find a proper answer on the internet.

1. How can we prove that Heston in not and exponential Lévy model ?

2. Are the log-returns of Heston model independent ?

Any hint, adive or refernece will be highly appreciated!

Thank you

Unreplied Threads

Is it necessary to connect the (-) terminal to earth when connecting two bench top power supplies in series to achieve a bipolar supply?

• Pernel_Sned
  • Physics
  • Replies: 0
I have noticed when researching online that it is always mentioned to connect the (-) terminal to earth when connecting two power supplies in series to create a bipolar supply. Is there any issue with not earth referencing the 0V rail? I would rather have a floating bipolar supply.

I have tested with my supply and it seems to work but I can't be sure I'm not missing something as I don't know why there is an earth terminal since the voltages from a bench PSU are low enough to not need safety earth.

Peak current mode control loop compensation calculations

• Yannick
  • Physics
I recently came across a rather nice straight-to-the-point application note by RickTek (AN028) on how to calculate approximately the compensation network of a PCM buck regulator.

Link : https://www.richtek.com/~/media/AN%20PDF/AN028_EN.pdf

However I think I need some explanations. At step 4, the following equation is given for finding stability margin at crossover frequency 34kHz : $$\Phi_{M} = \Phi_{fc} + 180 - 90 + atan(f_c/f_z)\cdot 180/\pi - atan(f_c/f_p) \cdot 180/\pi $$

At step 5, gain is calculated at crossover frequency : $$ G_A = -G_{fc} - 20\cdot log(V_{ref}/V_{out}) + 20\cdot log(ceil(f_c/f_p))-20log(ceil(f_z/f_c)) $$

My questions :

• What are \$\Phi_{fc}\$ and \$G_{fc}\$ expressions? How are they calculated in order to obtain the given values for \$\Phi_M\$ and \$G_A\$? The application note doesn't mention where these expressions come from and how they are computed it seems.
  • From where those two equations come from? It's obviously taken from some sort of transfer function, I'm just not sure which?

It would be logical those equations would be derived from the given open loop transfer function \$G_d(s)\$ of a PCM buck converter at \$s = j\omega = j2\pi f_c \$, but I'm not sure how to pass from one expression to the equations mentioned above.

Need help on making a stepper motor run smooth and silent with 3revs/sec (180rpm)

• velizarw
  • Physics
I am trying to make a Nema 23 motor run smooth and as much silent as possible with at least 3 revs/sec. Motor has 2 phases, 4A/phase, 0.9R active resistance and 3.8mH inductance per phase.

I have built myself 2 H-bridges based on L6384E half-bridge driver and AP9987GH mosfets. My power supply is 48V/1.25A. I control the H-bridges with 4 PWM signals from RPi Pico.

I am generating PWM with varying duty cycle in order to emulate a sinewave. If the motor windings are L1 and L2 this is what I am doing.

first 1/2 period --> L1-in = PWM, L1-out = GND second 1/2 period --> L1-in = GND, L2-out = PWM

The signal on L2-out and L2-in is the same as in L1 but lagging with 90 degrees.

I cannot find out at what frequency is best to run the PWM and at what resultant frequency (depending on pulses in one 1/2 period) to run control the driver so that the motor runs smooth and silent? Currently the motor vibrates very much and if I increase PWM frequency it just starts humming and doesn't rotate.

Why does adjusting the current not do anything for my colpitts oscillator?

• help_me_learn
  • Physics
I discovered that the swing of the oscillator I have been working on is effected by the Q factor of the inductor I am using. The inductor is CTTF0402F-2N2C. The relation between the Q factor and the startup condition is this (from razavi's fundamental of electronics book):

enter image description here

Since Q is 13 (from the datasheet) and given by the relation:

We can see that the formula for Rp above is the same as Rp = QwL. And from this, we can determine if gmRp is large enough to satisfy the startup condition - it has to be equal to or larger than 4 as given in the razavi book if the output is taken at the collector. gm is the collector current divided by the thermal voltage 26mV. Rp would 77.3 ohms. This means gm77.3 must be greater than 4, which means gm must be greater or equal to 5.2 mS (millisiemens). This means the collector current must be greater than: Vt5.2mS = 1.35mA. I met this condition but the oscillator still doesn't oscillate unless the bias resistors are small. Why is this?

here is the circuit:

Software to find cover art for different mp3 in group

I want to ask you for advice some soft to automatically find cover arts for mp3 files.

I tried to use MP3tag, but its not very good solution for me, because it is adjusted to work with whole albums. I have my music libraries in larger folders, mixed everything possible :)

The second software I found is "MP3 CoverTag", but this one is even too much simple. It has only one button to automatically do everything, and I have no option to select better or proper picture for specific song neither take action if program detect it wrong. But I was suprised, after process, most of songs had right image, so source database is good.

So, I need something with good database, where I can see previews and select which one should be downloaded, and, of course, picture must be inserted into mp3 file as tag, not just downloaded to folder as cover.jpg or similarly.

I hope something exists, because I was looking google and I didnt found anything :/ So Thanks very much if you advise me smtg :)

Can't export texture

I have a model of the cup with pretty easy textures, but there is one specific thing: I added a png on it's UV (and adding a png was a nightmare, I did not expect that simply applying png to existing material could cause so many problems.). So I tried to export it as fbx for unity project, but my png isn't exporting with other textures and I can't understand why. Could it be because of bad UV for png? And if it is, what should I do to make correct UV? When I making good UV it's absolutely disgusting in 3d view... enter image description here

Can I switch off the Auto Manipulation when using Transform Hotkeys?

I'm new to Blender and one thing I'm really bothered by is when using the Transform Hotkeys (G,R,S) it immediately starts manipulating my selected object with the mouse movement. Coming from Maya and C4D this behavior is rather different and not something I can see myself needing too often. Is there a way to change it so that when I press one of Hotkeys it just changes to that tool without the manipulation?