D-cell Ni-Mh 12v battery-pack (10S) ok for a 12v device that can be a little heavier/bulkier?

R

Respoda555

In a previous question I was asking about a way to use dc charging in combo with an 18650 battery pack for an audiobox. Since adding to my own question with additional questions is not allowed and very limited here, I'm kinda forced to post a new question for actually the same subject and questions from before, having to repeat the same specs for the project etcetera. Kinda counterintuitive for a place where ppl look for help and guidance, but who am I to judge so here goes...

The project is a Bluetooth audio front module built into a box with small speakers and a battery solution to power it beside a normal dc connection. The BT front has a 2*25w amp that draws between 1-3A at 6-12v. Ideally, a 12v battery will fully power the amp.

I've been looking into the popular 18650 option, but since using a normal DC-socket and charger is turning out to be quite cumbersome to achieve and clear-cut guidance into doing so is hard to find online, I've been looking into other kinds of battery-options, other than Lithium, as well. And I have another question pertaining to it, at least if the admin(s) do not mind?

I should note that the audiobox is not really meant to be "portable" like a little BT speaker, I only want to be able to pick it up and put it in my car to use at other fixed locations, and I do not mind at all if it weighs a few pounds. This is why I'm also looking into alternative batteries to Lithium, and for my intent, rechargable D-cell batteries do actually seem like a viable alternative.

D-cells are available at fair capacities of 5-6000mah or more, and although I'd need 10 of them in series to have 10x1.2v=12v, their capacity would be close or even better to the 6000mah I'd get from the 3s2p 18650's. Here are 5700mah specimens from a shop I know to be reputable with certified products. I'm from Europe btw so I mainly use European shops, except for ebay and aliexpress for knobs and bobs.

https://www.123accu.nl/GP-ReCyko-Oplaadbare-D-HR20-Ni-Mh-Batterijen-2-stuks-5700-mAh-i20290.html

D-cells also hold their stored energy for extended periods which is ideal since the device would not be used on a daily basis either. I could just make the box with an extra bottom compartment to fit them, and the base of the box would have a little more than the squared dimensions of the 10 D-cells side-by-side. They are a bit expensive at 100 euros for 10 pieces, but considering the limited use of the device once built, these could last for many years without issues.

Looking at it, it seems a lot safer and less hassle than Lithium and I can use any 12v charger to charge them. I take it they can be placed in series the same as 18650's ... But do they still need a BMS or some kind of protection circuit and/or balancing, or do I just have to make sure they are all the same specs and at same charge-level? I could make it so that they can be removed from the bottom like any commercial device usually has, and charge them externally, or I could have them charged internally via a DC socket?

What do you think, for an audio box that isn't used daily and remains just sitting shut down for periods, and just needs 12v at 5000+ capacity? Anything other I would need to take into consideration for Nimh batteries or how to charge them?

Thank you very much for your time gents.

Unreplied Threads

Disallow user names which result in unclickable links

This is not a duplicate of Why are usernames allowed to be composed entirely of non-visible Unicode characters? as that simply asks why this ability exists. This is a feature request asking for this ability to be removed. This answer by former employee @waffles doesn't really apply either; while I do agree that some problematic usernames can only be detected by humans (especially when they depend on context), this type of usernames can be blocked automatically.

Consider this post.

It's made by a user who decided to put some strange characters in their username, which results in them not being rendered. Where can you click to navigate to that user?

It took me a while to realize you can click the (blank) avatar as well, I've never used that feature before.

I propose to disallow usernames like this; there should always be something of a name to click on. I mean, it's called a 'display name', so it should be ... displayed, right?

The characters are from the Latin-1 Supplement, alternating between a LATIN CAPITAL LETTER I WITH ACUTE (U+00CD) and a SINGLE SHIFT THREE (U+008F). The first one is unusual but rather innocent (just a vowel with a diacritical mark), the second one is 'suspicious' in as far as Unicode characters can be like that. The Unicode code point is still visible in the URL, encoded as %cd%8f%cd%8f%cd%8f; their username has been reset networkwide by an unknown ♦ moderator (whoever it was, thank you!).

Convertir JSON en arreglo en PHP

Estoy tratando de convertir una cadena JSON a un arreglo en PHP, pero no estoy seguro de cómo hacerlo. Este es un ejemplo de la cadena que estoy tratando de convertir en una matriz de PHP.

Code:
$json = '{"id":1,"name":"Juan","email":"juan@example.com"}';

Cual es la forma correcta de convertir el objeto json en un arreglo u objeto de PHP manteniendo llaves y orden?

Who says understanding physicists helps mathematicians? (A reference request) [Take the word "who" literally.]

If I wanted to make a somewhat bold and rather vague claim in print that it is widely acknowledged among mathematicians that knowledge of mechanics (in the sense in which physicists understand that word) sheds light on geometry and perhaps kindred areas of mathematics, and that mathematicians qua mathematicians can benefit from such knowledge, what published papers or books could I cite in support of that statement?

Reverse Diode on MOSFET Gate Drive Resistor

• Fried Electronics
  • Physics
  • Replies: 0
I am trying to create a H-Bridge to power a TEC. Each of the half bridges can be used as a synchronous buck converter, while the other side is grounded.

The frequency and duty cycle are controlled from an STM32G474 at 1MHz.

I have added diodes across the MOSFETs, so that it can be used as a normal buck regulator.

I am now trying to use it in a synchronous mode but am having trouble, I believe I am seeing some shoot-through and I need to adjust my dead-time, as the driver doesn't have any built in. My oscilloscope bit the dust the other day making this a little tricky to diagnose...

Before I start adjusting the deadtime I want to make sure that I am driving the MOSFETs as hard as I can, to potentially decrease the required deadtime.

I am using UCC27289 drivers and PSMN2R8-25MLC MOSFETs. With a 12V gate drive voltage and a 10 Ohm gate resistor.

The UCC27289 drivers have a peak output current of +-3A, so 12/3 = 4 Ohm gate resistor, I currently have 10 Ohms, but can put 2 in parallel and get 5, which should be close enough.

However on quite a few posts I see a reverse diode in parallel with this gate resistor, I have linked one from Mark Harris on Altium here. When the gate of the MOSFET is connected to ground through the gate driver, there is now no resistance to limit the gate current, surely this will violate the peak current rating on the driver?

So to get the fastest switching possible should I use a 4 Ohm gate resistor by itself, or use a combination of a 4 Ohm resistor and a reverse diode?

See my Schematic below: Schematic

How to Convert 16 bit to Decimal on Multisim?

• Ivan Snow
  • Physics
I have created a Simple Calculator and I want to show the Output as Decimal Up to 65535. Output currently Showing as 1 0. Can anyone suggest me How can I do It Thanks

Output level of common-source amplifier with PMOS load

• Leonhard Euler
  • Physics
enter image description here

Let's consider the common-source amplifier circuit above (left). This circuit does not have a well-defined output level. This part is easy to understand. In the book by Razavi, he says this "stage is reliably biased only if a feedback loop forces \$V_{\text{out}}\$ to a known value".

The circuit on the right shows the CS stage with feedback. I understand that feedback across M1 causes M1 to adjust its gate-source voltage so that the current produced by M1 matches the current produced by M2. What I don't understand is how "the feedback loop forces \$V_{\text{out}}\$ to a known value". How does the feedback loop force \$V_{\text{out}}\$ to a known value? The only way I can think this would work is by choosing \$R_1\$ and \$R_F\$ to be very small values. In that case, it is as if \$V_{\text{in}}\$ is connected directly to \$V_{\text{out}}\$. But this causes a big problem: the circuit has no more gain. On the other hand, if we make \$R_1\$ a large value and \$R_{\text{out}} = \alpha \cdot R_1\$, where \$\alpha > 1\$, we have some gain, but then how do we force the output level "to a known value"?

Erro matriz de incidência em JAVA

• Caio Henrique
  • Technology
public static void main(String[] args) { // TODO Auto-generated method stub

Code:
    Scanner scanner = new Scanner(System.in);

System.out.println("Digite a sequência de números separados por espaço:");
    String[] input = scanner.nextLine().split(" ");
    int[] sequence = new int[input.length];

try {
        for (int i = 0; i < input.length; i++) {
            sequence[i] = Integer.parseInt(input[i]);
        }
    } catch (NumberFormatException e) {
        System.out.println("Entrada inválida. Por favor, digite apenas números.");
        return;
    }

// Verificação do tamanho da sequência
    System.out.println("Escolha a transformação (1 para Matriz de Incidência, 2 para Matriz de Adjacência):");
    int opcao = scanner.nextInt();

if (opcao == 1) {
        System.out.println("Digite o número de vértices (N):");
        int N = scanner.nextInt();
        System.out.println("Digite o número de arestas (M):");
        int M = scanner.nextInt();

if (N * M != sequence.length) {
            System.out.println("Tamanho da sequência não condiz com N*M.");
            return;
        }
        int[][] matrizIncidencia = converterIncidencia(sequence, N, M);
        System.out.println("Matriz de Incidência:");
        printMatrix(matrizIncidencia);

}

private static int[][] converterIncidencia(int[] sequence, int N, int M) { int[][] matrix = new int[N][M]; int index = 0;

Code:
    for (int j = 0; j < M; j++) {
        for (int i = 0; i < N; i++) {
            matrix[i][j] = sequence[index++];
        }
    }

return matrix;
}

//Exemplo eu recebo essa sequencia x= 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 e quero //tranforma-la em uma matriz[5][5] ja que tenho 25 elementos. Na minha conversao saiu 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 1